Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ordering medication to Japan- problems? 2010/1/17 10:31
Hi,

So I ran out of birth control and ordered a 6 month renewal as well as a one month supply of Latisse through a no perscription needed online pharmacy site. I'd done this twice before with no problem, but this time when the package has arrived in Japan I wasn't there to get it and the undelivered package notice said the package was from customs, not the company I ordered from, meaning customs probably poked around in it. I know you're not supposed to bring more than a one month supply of prescription meds into Japan without an official drug form- should I be expecting any problems/fines when I get the package? Would they have just tossed it at customs if it looked questionable? I do have my prescription somewhere but at this point I don't even know where.
by kielle (guest)  

... 2010/1/17 14:54
The only thing that could have happened is that they looked at the amount and thought it might be intended for resale; if the paper says you can come and pick it up at customs, you can explain (particularly if the pills are for therapeutic purpose and you have some paper to show it) that it is for yourself and that it is simply too much trouble to buy on a monthly basis. Or if the mailman comes with the customs duty form with the duty amount stated on it and if you find it tolerable, you can simply pay that amount and receive it.

But it's no "problem" or "fine," I'd say. Birth control pills are used in Japan, and I don't think there is anyone *really* who imports them on a monthly basis, and Latisse is sold (imported) in Japan too.
by AK rate this post as useful

5 piece limit... 2010/1/18 10:38
I also order bc pills by mail (from the US)..I've been doing this about every 6 months for almost 3 years and have never had a problem. My pills are actually treated as an item that does not require a prescription. I always have to pick it up at the post office, but I can also always see that it has been through customs. The one catch I can think of with importing meds is that the company I use calls the 6-month supply "one piece" (since six packs come in a box). I've been told there is a 5-piece limit in importing pharmeceuticals for personal use, so if the customs form on your package describing the contents said 6 packages/pieces, maybe that is what held it up.

Probably thre's not a "problem", as AK said, but you might want to ask whoever sent you the pills to write out the customs label differently next time.
by lynnie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread