Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese School P.E (Gym) class 2010/1/17 20:15
What sports do you normally do in P.E Classes? How often do you have P.E? Are the classes girls only and boys only? Do you have to shower afterwards? What are the showers like if you do?
Thanks in advance!
by TalkPlayLove  

? 2010/1/18 14:38
TalkPlayLove,

For what age and region?
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

.... 2010/1/18 17:03
i am 15 i am going on exchange and dont know what region i'm sorry but anything you have i will greatly appreciate
by TalkPlayLove rate this post as useful

. 2010/1/18 17:32
Normally, they do things like volleyball, soccer, field athletics such as short track or marathon, maybe gymnastics, maybe swimming or seasonal sports depending on the environment. They also need to teach one traditional Japanese sport during the three years of high school, so maybe you will have a chance to do sports like judo or kendo.

They usually have about 3 classes of P.E. a week, more or less depending on the school. One class usually lasts 45 or 50 minutes. One sport usually is taught for nearly a month. Usually classes are for both boys and girls combined, but keep in mind that there are a lot of high schools for boys only or girls only.

Students change to their P.E. uniforms in dressing rooms separated between boys and girls. Dressing rooms are usually just empty classrooms. Showers aren't used unless you do something special like swimming.

Hope you have fun!
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks heaps 2010/1/18 19:06
thanks heaps for your very helpful post!!!
by TalkPlayLove rate this post as useful

reply to this thread