Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

After converting driving license 2010/1/18 23:16
Hi.
I`m from Italy living in Japan with an Italian driving license. I know that I don`t need to take any test to covert it, but I would like to know what I have to do once I get the Japanese license: must I give my Italian license back? Or can I keep both?
If somebody has gone through this and could help me out I would be very thankful!
by AAA211  

Driver's license 2010/1/19 13:03
As for me with a German license I didn't have to turn it in. Got it translated to Japanese (by JAF??), paid my fee at the license center, took my eye test, watched the video and listened to the briefing and got my Japanese license. That easy. I still got my German / European (pink) license and use it whenever I return home (to Germany, of course). Hope this helps?!?!
by kulachan rate this post as useful

but why 2010/1/19 20:06
Why on earth would you have to give your Italian license to the Japanese authorities? It has nothing to do with them and would be damned inconvenient should you happen to return to Itlay on holiday and want to drive.
by Tilt (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/1/20 15:42
A lot of publications misleadingly explain the situation as "exchanging" or "converting" your license into a Japanese one. As others have pointed out, you just keep your Italian license afterwards.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread