Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can Suica card be used on all 9 subways? 2010/1/20 16:53
Hi,

I can't quite find a proper answer so i though i will ask it here:

I want to find out if the suica card can be used on the main subway lines by Toei and Tokyo Metro? Eg. hanzoman line? Can it also be used on buses and JR line?

Also can it be used in areas such as osaka, nara and kyoto for taking subways and buses?
by han_doi (guest)  

... 2010/1/20 17:39
by AK rate this post as useful

13 lines 2010/1/21 00:56
Tokyo has 13 subway lines, not 9 lines
(Tokyo metro:9 lines, Toei:4 lines)
by Morgane (guest) rate this post as useful

Suica card 2010/1/21 01:57
Suica card can be used on all subways by Toei and Tokyo metro.

In Kyoto and Osaka, it can be used on JR Line only.

Have a nice trip!
by Ginkotelegraph rate this post as useful

suica 2010/1/21 12:59
Thanks, sorry it meant to be 13 subways in total....made an error in the post title,

I have checked out that first link previously but didn't understand what 'greater tokyo' meant. I thought it meant outter, not the main area.

So i take it that the suica can be used on the subways and buses within the JR Yamanote line and also on the JR lines?
by Han_doi (guest) rate this post as useful

Yes 2010/1/21 13:29
Yes, that is correct. All JR and private trains, all subways, all buses in the Tokyo area, inside and outside the Yamanote line. It would be pretty inconvenient for commuters here if the Suica coverage suddenly ended inside the Yamanote line, where many people work!
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

CAN SUICA CARDS BE USED IN IBARAKI AREA? 2010/6/16 19:10
I wanted to purchase Suica cards but before i do that, can i use it in Kanto areas? manily in Ibaraki Ken, Tochigi, Gunma, Saitama, Chiba, Mito, etc?
by clarzhong (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2010/6/16 22:48
by xexstyle rate this post as useful

Refunds 2010/6/17 01:41
*When the card is returned, the deposit of 500 yen is returned along with any remaining amount.

*There is a charge of 210 to return a Suica card, which is deducted from the total. If there is less than 210 yen on the card, then only that remaining amount is counted to the return charge.

------------------

So if I used my card until it was like 10 yen left on it, will I still get the 500 yen deposit refund back? lol
by Reina Jess rate this post as useful

. 2010/6/17 06:33
Yes, but you will only get the 500yen back. You do not get the 10yen back.

You get the 500yen deposit back NO MATTER how much money is on the card (or zero yen).

by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread