Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving and Changing Address on ARC Card 2010/1/20 16:59
I will be moving from my in-laws house(where my father-in-law is listed as head of household) and will be moving to a different location, on my own (without my wife). Will I encounted any issues changing the address on my gaijin card? I assume not, but perhaps they will require I have an employers address ?
by Jeff11  

. 2010/1/20 17:39
I've moved many times in Japan, you shouldn't have much of a problem, it is just registering your address with the city hall.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/1/20 17:43
As far as I know, it should be no problem when updating the address on ARC.

But if your new address is far from your current employer's location, they *might* casually ask you if you have a new employer, or you have been transferred to another branch/office. They don't require new information just because you've moved.

If you are on Spouse status, BTW, the next time you need to renew your status, you will have to explain why you and your wife have different addresses, but that's a completely different matter.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread