Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese futon in Australia? 2010/1/26 22:26
I've just recently returned from Japan and really miss the futons I used while there. I'd like that convenience (not to mention nostalgia!) again. In any case, I have only been able to find the western-style, bulkier and basically non-fold-able futon-sofa beds here in Australia. This also usually comes with a (in my mind, totally unnecessary) bed-base!
In any case, I live in Melbourne. If any one can help me get my hands on a single-size traditional Japanese style futon, with the bottom mattress base (shikibuton) and the quilted cover (kakebuton), that hopefully isn't that expensive and is (by some miracle!) locally-available, I'd be ever grateful!

Missing-Japan,

Andrew
by Andrew (guest)  

Japanache 2010/7/25 00:56
Try Japanache
http://www.japanache.com.au/contents/en-us/p1669.html
They are based in Sydney but will deliver to Melbourne.
I believe they are the only place in Australia that sells authentic Japanese futons.
Hope this helps.
by Bonnie Kake (guest) rate this post as useful

I have a good shop for you 2010/9/2 00:29
Hi,

Look at the web shop :
www.traditionsinjapan.com

It is genuine Japanese futon like in Onsen-Ryoken. You can also find all the traditional bedding.

Hope you will find your content.
Have a good day.
by Danann rate this post as useful

found it! 2010/9/4 17:04
Bonnie, great I was looking for that as well.
by Hairprox rate this post as useful

reply to this thread