Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I get this money from my bank? 2010/2/2 15:08
I received an 'oshirase' info paper (the small card that you peel off corners to view the confidential info inside) from a bank I no longer use.

I closed the account (or thought I did...) when I moved to the city around 6 years back.

The document seems to be telling me (or reminding me) that such and such ordinary a/c number has (quite a lot of) money in balance.

I'm pretty sure I no longer have my old bank's passbook or even ATM card, although I think I still recall the ATM number.

Without passbook or card, can I still get this money, by producing suitable ID at a city branch in Nagoya of my old local branch?
by Angela (guest)  

As far as I know... 2010/2/2 22:31
With what, meaning, with "hanko" or signature, did you open that account? Whichever it was, if that matches with the one on the record they have, and if you have the account number, you should be able to access your account.

You could probably take that notice, your current ID card (showing the current address), and possibly something old (like electricy bill or something) showing your old address as well, if possible, to the nearest branch of that bank. Be sure to take your "hanko" with you if that's what you used, (not if you used your signature), and ask at a local branch.

I'm sure they can forward the request on your behalf to that branch where you have/had an account, and either (1) deposit into your account if you have an account with the same bank at the branch near you, or (2) get you to fill out another form requesting for a transfer into your other bank account if you don't have an account with that bank. I don't think you can just pick up cash from the branch, though.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/2/3 13:53
Thanks, AK!
by Angela (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread