Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese couple Visa 2010/2/8 16:17
Hey ^^

I looked around the form and could not find what I was looking for.

I am an Australian Male.

and currently I am in a very deep and meaningful relationship with a Japanese girl.
we are together almost everyday. however a situation with her family has arisen and she need to return home for about the next 2 years, our relation is solid and one day we intend to Marry this is known by everyone, how ever the time is not now.

I don't have a university degree to count towards a working visa. I already did a working holiday.

is there any Visa that will support our relationship in Japan?
or do I have to keep coming and going in 90days lots. if it comes downs to this. then then I will no choice but to come and go ^^
by luku  

Visa for staying in Japan 2010/2/8 17:23
Luku:

Is there any Visa that will support our relationship in Japan?

Nope, not until you are married.

do I have to keep coming and going in 90days lots.

Yes, although you will probably need some good answers for Immigration if you hope to do this more than twice in the space of a year or so.

by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

multiple trips 2010/2/8 22:27
Dave in Saitama is right. If you have already been in Japan on a tourist permit twice in a 365 day period, the chances of you being let in a third time is very low to non-existent.

by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/2/8 23:03
To expand on that last post, if you use up a lot of time on those two prior visits.

I've been to Japan more then three times a year as a temporary visitor (tourist) however each stay was under 2 weeks long, many business people do even more trips, however trips are usually short.

If you were to use up your entire 90 days, leave and come back, then that raises another question with Immigration.

Since you are Australian you can try your Working Holiday Visa option, however you only have one shot at using it, once its used you can't use it again.

The only other option, Get married. There is no boyfriend/girlfriend visa.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/2/8 23:05
Sorry I missed the part about already using up your Working Holiday.

The only option left, come as a student, though that costs a lot of money.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

correction 2010/2/8 23:22
ExpressTrain is correct. When I said "come to Japan twice on a tourist permit" I meant staying close to the full 90 days on each one, but I didn't say that, so what I wrote was misleading.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Well 2010/2/9 02:22
just get married, you can always have a cermony at another time. just get all the paper work done.
by Coconut (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread