Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Part time work permit 2010/2/12 15:18
I am on a dependent visa, i would like to know if i can get a part time work permit before i get a job here, as i have seen that some employers are asking for permit even before they allow me to attend the interview..

Thanks in advance
by JK (guest)  

As far as I know 2010/2/12 18:34
As far as I can read from Immigration rules, you need to have the agreement/contract from the employer before you can apply for the permit :(
I suppose what the potential employers mean when they ask for the permit is that they don't want to wait for the permit process, so that they prefer people who already have a permit with some other employer in the past. By now, once you have the permit (up to 28 hours a week I believe) you can change to another job without having to apply once again for the permit.
by AK rate this post as useful

. 2010/2/12 21:06
It's funny because when I was a student they handed those permits out like toilet paper. Just applied with a lot of blanks on the form and it was all approved with a lot of N/A s written on it.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread