Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

TUJ vs APU? 2010/2/21 12:49
I'm currently applying to both schools, though I'm more interested in APU, as it seems you learn the language betetr there. I'm American, with little to no knowledge of the language, planning to go into International Business. I've heard that TUJ suggests taking language courses from an outside school, is this true/necessary to learn the language? Also, my best friend wants to study in Japan too. Since both colleges offer international business, I'm happy with either (though I'd prefer APU for the campus, clubs, and location), but her major would be very different from mine. The problem is, she wants to major in the Japanese language as a teacher. Maybe I missed it on the website, but I only see information on business courses at APU. Does it offer a degree in Japanese Language? Does TUJ?

Also, any additional input/advice is more than welcome :) My friend and I would like to study at the colleges for our full education, not just a year or two abroad, so any info is helpful. Thanks alot :)
by Rachel (guest)  

TUJ 2010/2/21 13:39
I don't know much about everything else but about the hwole does TUJ offer Japanese language as a major...it does.

I vaguely remember seeing it when I was browsing through TUJ.

Lucky, I wanted to go to college in Japan but it isn't too affordable =/
by malissamarie rate this post as useful

TUJ 2010/2/21 19:40
I currently go to TUJ. if you really need to learn Japanese, I suggest going to another school. This language department here is horrible
by TUJ student (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks for the answers 2010/2/21 22:53
Alright, so I guess what I heard about TUJ was true then. That's a shame... :(

Yeah, so far I was leaning more towards APU, which would be the less expensive one, plus I applied for scholarships and will be searching for more. The problem is, my friend wants to go to Tokyo lol. It's just one issue after the next. But I'll post that as another question.

Thank you for the fast responses :)
by Rachel (guest) rate this post as useful

APU 2010/2/22 02:51
APU is a good place to study,cheap living cost. If you like a quite place ...yeah..u should come here.
by APU student (guest) rate this post as useful

APU is quiet? 2010/2/22 03:18
Is APU *really* quiet? I mean, I want a place with some night life, but I don't need something as huge a Tokyo. As long as there's fun stuff to do around the campus I'm happy. Also, by cheap living cost, does that mean it's substantially lower than Tokyo? Thanks for the answer, I'm glad to hear something from someone whose going there :)

And how's the student body there? Friendly? I've never been to an American college since I'm a senior in high school right now, but from what I understand, people's dorms are pretty much open, and there's alot of closeness between dorm mates. Is it similar to that in Japanese colleges? Sorry for getting off topic lol, I'm just a bit curious
by Rachel (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread