Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

manga cafe at shinjuku 2010/2/21 17:55
hi
can someone advise me which manga cafe should i go for 1 night stay at it as i need to catach train at 6am and all hotel and hostel at shinjuku is out of my budget.
can someone also advise me the expenses for 2pax(we are ladies) and the procedure for booking a cabinet in it.
can we advance booked?
any case that manage cafe will be full around what time?
by bibianu  

Manga Cafes in Shinjuku 2010/2/25 01:29
I have never heard of booking a reservation at a Manga cafe. I have been to them a number of times, but only once to sleep. I know of a few in Shinjuku not far from the JR East Exit. when you exit the East exit, you will see the elevated train tracks to the left. take the sidewalk parallel to the tracks up to the next intersection. Accross the intersection you should see a MacDonald's at the corner. There are a few Manga Cafes in the vicinity of the MacDonald's. When you find the place, follow the directions to the front desk and let them know you want two private booths for however many hours you intend to be there. They give you the price, and you pay. I believe they actually have a section that is only for females. You might have to request that if you want it. I believe the charge is somewhere between 400 and 600 yen per hour. Not nearly as comfortable as a bed in a hotel, but at least you get to use the shower and you have a computer at your fingertips.

I hope this helps.
by johnm rate this post as useful

reply to this thread