Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Teaching in Japan 2010/2/23 21:15
hi

I'm a Thai American with dual citizenship. I've completed a year of uni and then enlisted in the military. I never completed my degree. After 3 years, I moved to Bangkok, and joined Berlitz. I've been working as an English Instructor for 5 years now. I'm able be around the visa requirements because I'm Thai!
But I would love to transfer to Berlitz Tokyo. With what I have, should I be able to qualify? Any input is welcomed! Thanks
by ErtJaffe  

you qualify for a visa 2010/2/24 08:31
If you are asking whether you will qualify for a working visa, yes, your 5 years teaching experience means that you fulfill the requirements for a working visa that will allow you to teach. Now you need to secure a job and have that employer start the visa sponsorship paperwork.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/2/24 18:28
Most appreciated! Now I'm having Berlitz confirm with HR. Lets hope their OK with it and I'll be able to secure a job! Thanks again!
by ErtJaffe rate this post as useful

Relevant Work Experience 2010/2/25 13:41
hey again

I spoke with my boss in Tokyo and he says that its true about the 3 years relevant working experience. However, he says that the teaching experience must be in a English native speaking country. I've been teaching in Bangkok, Thailand for Berlitz. But he said that they will try to submit my application anyways.
I've heard that if a company is willing to sponsor my work visa, that's pretty much all I need? Any input is welcomed.
by ErtJaffe rate this post as useful

reply to this thread