Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Australian Eftpos card at 7 Eleven 2010/2/25 07:09
Can anyone tell me if they have recently (since December) used an Australian Eftpos card at a 7 Eleven to access cheque or savings accounts. If so what bank the card was from and what symbols are on the back of the card (eg interlink, eftpos, maestro etc). Thanks.
by pacifictonz  

check this link 2010/2/25 11:37
Haven't used one since December so can't specifically answer your question but

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2208.html

It will need to be a VISA DEBIT card, not just an EFTPOS ATM card.
Your bank should know...btw Westpac don't issue Visa Debits..so if you are with Westpac you'll need to use Post Offices
by fmj rate this post as useful

hope this helps 2010/2/25 23:00
Hey,

I was in Japan between the 10th-21st of February of this year and tried to use my regular Commonwealth Bank eftpos card (Maestro and Cirrus symbols) at various 7-Elevens across the country to access my savings account.

I'd put my card in, select an english guide but my card would be rejected.

A message would come up telling me that the service was temporarily unavailable. At first I'd thought it was the particular ATM I was using, but after trying several 7-Eleven ATM's, the same message kept popping up.

For the rest of my trip I resorted to the post-offices and JP bank ATMS.

I hope this helps :)
by Ash (guest) rate this post as useful

ATM in 7-11 2010/2/26 02:45
According to the 7-11 Seven bank internet site the cards should have a PLUS logo to work, not Cirrus or Maestro.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Visa Debit Card 2010/3/16 09:40
Has anyone been to Japan recently and used a Visa Debit card to get cash from ATMs?
by Smith (guest) rate this post as useful

Re. Australian Eftpos card at 7 Eleven 2010/4/27 14:48
Hello, I was recently in Japan with a Commonwealth ATM card & also a ANZ Visa debt card. The ONLY places I could use these for cash withdrawals (& I tried everywhere) were either at Post Office ATMs or at Citibank ATMs. Most major train stations had a Post Office ATM & check the Citibank JP website for locations.

Hope this helps.

Jules.
by julesrules rate this post as useful

yes 2010/4/27 23:49
for years i have used commonwealthbank EFT card and mastercards at 7-11 and not had problems.

i used cheque account on regular bank card, and on my other account i used the debit card
by zuoteng rate this post as useful

... 2010/4/28 05:58
for years i have used commonwealthbank EFT card and mastercards at 7-11
Maybe so, but 7-11 now do not accept mastercard: it changed recently.
by fmj rate this post as useful

recent ? 2010/4/28 09:33
so no more using mastercard and commonwealth bank cards at 7-11 ??

does anyone know the date it stopped working ?? im assuming the start of 2010 some time ??
by zuoteng rate this post as useful

... 2010/4/28 09:48
by Uji rate this post as useful

Visa 2010/4/28 09:58
I have a Commonwealth Bank Visa, and the last time i checked (January) it was working fine at 7-eleven.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread