Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Extend Visitor Stay without Visa 2010/2/28 23:43
I would like to stay in Japan for two weeks longer after my 90 days business training. From where I come from, visitor who is in Japan for 90 or less days do not need a visa. Is there any way I can ask for a longer grace period so that I need not apply for a visa?
by Traveller (guest)  

... 2010/3/1 04:05
If you are a citizen of Mexico, Ireland, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Liechtenstein or the United Kingdom, you can extend your stay to 6 months.

If not, you have to either change your status of residence from "temporary visitor" to another, appropriate one or temporarily leave and re-enter Japan.

Of course, I assume that you do not get paid for your activities in Japan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Ask Immigration 2010/3/1 08:14
You can always ask Immigration, but be prepared with a good reason that doesn't include anything someone on a tourist permit shouldn't be doing, and also have a back-up plan in case you are turned down. As far as I know though, they do not usually grant extensions to people other than the nationals of the countries mentioned above.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2010/3/1 22:00
Hi guys, thx for the advise. I'm definitely not receiving money for the training/seminars I'm attending. Just like to travel out of Tokyo to places like Hokkaido after the trainings are done. Hopefully they will accept my appeal for slight extension. Finger crossed!
by Traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread