Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pill and other 2010/3/1 15:30
I got a bf in Japan and since this is really a nice fact there came a few questions in my head.

For example I already read in this forum that the pill will be around 2000-3000 yen per month, but i dont know how to obtain (and how much japanese i have to speak). since in japan doctors for this stuff are told to be weird, eg you dont see them and stuff, so im a bit scared. Maybe regarding the doctors sb can help me.

secondly, why are japanese so open about this topic and ask directly whether we "have already done it". i think its rude. shall i tell them this?

Thanks for reading!
by shunima  

From a Japanese woman here :) 2010/3/2 11:43
If you are trying to get hold of some contraceptive pills, you need to go to a gynecologist/ladies clinic and get them there. (Contraceptive pills are not available over the counter in drugstores in Japan.) Initially they will ask you some questions (including smoking habits, etc.) and check your blood pressure, and also require you to take a check up for cervical cancer once a year.

I don't know where you got the idea that doctors "for this stuff" are weird, but I go to a clinic once in a while to get the pills and also consult the doctor on other ailments such as dizziness (coming from, um, my hormone balance I guess) and stuff :) A very nice doctor.

I know a lady doctor at such a clinic in Tokyo if that's where you happen to be coming to, who is fine with English. Please contact me offline if needed.

On the other hand, since the types of pills allowed in Japan is limited, if you already have a kind that you feel comfortable with and have been using for some time, or if you have a preference for a special type, you might as well bring/have someone ship over supplies.

About the other question: Some people might ask you that question innocently (particularly if you are very young) just out of curiosity and to probe "how far/serious you are" in the relationship, but just tell them it's private matter, why should you answer such a question :) Don't tell them it's rude to ask so, but brush it off if you can.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread