Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is the deal with Docomo mail? 2010/3/1 19:00
I am currently in the middle of my vacation in Japan (dont worry, I will post a trip report later on ;)).Before the vacation started, I was in de middle of planning with a friend of mine to meet one of the days I would be in Japan. It was a good oppurtunity to put a face on a, so far, rather static screenname.

We have been communicating through mail, she through her docomo mobile mail and I through gmail (since that seems the be the only email that isnt picky about this whole formatting issue of Docomo). However, just a week before I left, her email suddenly started to bounce. Apparantly, the error was that the address in question did not exist. After that, I have remained sending an email requesting those last details, only to have them all bounced back. However, today I tried again, but this time it didnt bounce!

So, I am at a loss actually. While I might think the email has been sent, I wonder whether that actually is the case and whether or not the email has disappeared into some kind of dark void in the deepest reaches of the internet. Is it possible to deactive the mail (through whatever means possible) only to activate it later using Docomo? Or is this indeed an email that will never arrive, even if it gives the impression it does.
by cridia (guest)  

had a simmilar experience 2010/3/2 12:35
Cant be sure of the exact reason but had a simmilar experience, In the mail settings of Japanese phone user can specify if he/she wishes to receive email from a non japanese mobile account (i.e you case you are sending for gmail which is a non japanese email account), Also user can specify not to receive email from some that is not in the address book.
This is to prevent spam, In such cases the mail would bounce back with message that receivers mail ID does not exist.
by kb (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/3/2 14:45
Thanks! So, this means it is actually possible to have the email bounce during one time and get through during another. Since the email did not bounce yet I can safely assume that it got through.

Thanks again! Maybe I can meet that friend after all.
by cridia (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/3/3 02:01
Yes I had the same problem with a friend of mine, I was using my pc email (gmail) to their cellphone just fine, then one day all my emails I as sending was being bounced back. He told me that he had turned on some setting on his phone (spam protection of somesort) he turned it off and my emails got through again.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/3/3 19:02
Thanks again! The problem has been resolved just now! I was finally able to receive an email again; though I am still in the middle of the progress of deciphering it (my Japanese skills are not that good yet).

So, all fortunately ended well!
by cridia (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread