Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yuzawaya at Kichijoji 2010/3/3 22:29

Hello,

I plan to do shopping (fabrics,stationery)at Yuzawaya-Kichijoji since it's the biggest store at Tokyo, about 2010 March 31st-April 3rd. But I've heard that this store will be closed on 2010 March for re-construction. Is it true? And on what date will it be re-opened?

I also know that there is a Yuzawaya store at Kamata and Machida. Are these ones as big as the Kichijoji one?

Thank you
by DOAN Tomoe (guest)  

Yuzawaya 2010/3/4 08:03
Doan,

It will open on 2 April, occupying two floors inside the Marui Kichijoji store.
If you are in Tokyo, there is also a new branch of Yuzawaya inside Takashimaya Times Square in Shinjuku. While not as big as some of the other branches, it still has a pretty impressive selection.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Yuzawaya at Kichijoji 2010/3/4 15:55

Thank you, Dave for your reply.

Yesterday, I knew from a friend that there's a new Yuzawaya at Ginza too. Is it bigger than the store at Shinjuku?
Excuse my fixation, because fabrics and stationery are my awful weakness, and I go to Japan only every 5 years ;-)
by Doan Tomoe (guest) rate this post as useful

Kamata? 2010/3/4 16:34
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the temporary Kichijoji branch is occupying only 2 floors in Marui, I would assume that the Kamata branch consisting of 5 different buildings is the biggest.

http://www.yuzawaya.co.jp/information/mise_ka.html
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Yuzawaya 2010/3/4 17:46

Thank you, Uco, for your information. I think it's better for me to go to Kamata. My problem is to have enough time: there are so many exciting places to do shopping in Tokyo ;-)

I would like to know: will Yuzawaya-Kichijoji be definitively in the Marui store, with only 2 floors occupied?

Yuzawaya at Marui 2010/3/4 21:17
Doan Tomoe wrote;
Yuzawaya-Kichijoji be definitively in the Marui store, with only 2 floors occupied?

At least according to Yuzawaya's official website it would, on the 7th and 8th floor of Marui Kichijoji branch.

http://www.yuzawaya.co.jp/
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Yuzawaya 2010/3/4 22:51

Thank you, Uco, for all your kind and rapid informations.
I'm delighted at the thought of being in Tokyo ;-))

Yuzawaya Kichijogi 2011/2/22 08:14
I was in the store in Kichijogi yesterday (21.2.11) and though Yuzawaya is only two floors of the Marui building, those floors are larger than I recall from the original store.
I didn't think there was as large a selection in the new location, however.

Many thanks for the Shinjuku information. We're staying here in Shinjuku, I was in the Times Square building yesterday and I failed to notice Yuzawaya there. Must have been because I was overwhelmed in Tokyu Hands and Odakaya ;-)
by Gill (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread