Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where has the sunshine gone? 2010/3/9 11:32
What's happened to the weather? Rain and more rain. March is usually the 'warming up' month, and I'm sure I don't recall it being like the second rainy season it seems to have become.

Is it unusual?
by Lucy (guest)  

. 2010/3/9 12:13
Well, it's unusual, but then, the climate has been "unusual" overall in the recent years. Btw, March 1st, 5th and half of 8th were sunny.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Tokyo 2010/3/9 12:14
I assume you're talking about Tokyo??

Winter is usually the sunniest season in Tokyo. Hoewever, it no long winter!!!

That said, the weather has been unusual for the last 2-3 weeks. There has been a "stationary boundary" the last few weeks, running from just south of Japan, over Taiwan and into China. Low pressure systems have been developing on or not far from this boundary, and have been hitting Japan every 2-3 days.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

雪! 2010/3/9 12:23
It's snowing again today in Mt Fuji/Kawaguchiko...yee, get to use my snow boots again! :)
by butabakamuchi (guest) rate this post as useful

spring=rainy 2010/3/9 13:32
It's snowing in west Tokyo too. In my experience spring is always a rainy, changeable season in most countries, and Japan is no exception.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

The drizzly season 2010/3/9 13:40
According to the Japan Meteorological Agency's stats for Tokyo, March-May is typically a wet season with about half the average rainfall of the true rainy season come June (275mm ave). Perhaps it should be called the drizzly season.

It was February this year that had unusually high rainfall. At 115mm it was a 20 year high, and more than twice of what Tokyo has gotten on average in the past 20 years.

http://www.data.jma.go.jp/obd/stats/etrn/view/monthly_s3.php?prec_no=4...
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread