Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing a camera around 2010/3/14 17:16
I will be visiting Japan for the second time this summer. The first time I brought a simple pocket camera that I just stuck in my pocket. This time I'm bringing a larger digital SLR camera. I know that the populace enters stores with their work/school bags and that the larger stores have the electronic anti-theft towers.

Is it acceptable to be bringing a camera with accessories in a bag or holster into a store like Yodobashi Camera or Bic?
by marinelzen  

happy snapping 2010/3/15 12:17
I take my camera and accessories around all the time and have never had any problems (Bic, Yodobashi, Yamada Denki, Department stores, etc, anywhere).

You quite often see tourists carrying their cameras/equipment around in the places mentioned.

If you start taking pictures within the stores (I've never tried) then that might not be looked upon with joy but I'm sure that if you do something that isn't liked you'll be asked to stop doing it.

The anti-theft devices are for things that you don't own and take out so becareful not to do that!
by happy snapping (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread