Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinsengumi memorabilia 2010/3/24 02:05
Hello.

Does anyone know really good places where i could find Shinsengumi-related articles, maybe a jacket like they wore or any other kind of things? I'll be in Japan next week and have a friend that asked me to get her something like that but i might end up not finding anything if i don't know where to look.
by Pentex (guest)  

... 2010/3/24 18:38
I saw some shops at Narita that sell some shinsengumi related souvenirs.

If you happen to be in Kyoto, go to Inari. There's a shop at the entrance of the shrine dedicated to the shinsengumi. They sells everything from mugs, sword replicas, fans and paintings.

by snowcat (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/3/25 02:57
Thank you, i will check the shop at Fushimi Inari. I probably won't visit Narita itself, even if i travel through that airport, but that store looks like the perfect idea.
by Pentex (guest) rate this post as useful

Kyoto 2010/3/25 05:45
Hi Pentex,
I don't know where you will specifically be in Japan, but I definitely suggest Kyoto, specifically the area around Mibu Temple, as that was a base for the Shinsengumi. I went there years ago, oddly enough for the same reason, and got a lot of really nice stuff.
by aurora (guest) rate this post as useful

Nice 2010/3/25 18:40
That's a rather nice idea, thank you. I hadn't thought about that even if i knew pretty well that they were based off Mibu. I suppose then many tourists visit that temple because of the connection with Shinsengumi and stores around it cater for that. I'll definitely take a look.
by Pentex (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread