Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how much money dentists make in Japan? 2010/4/3 18:29
Im a dental student, I'm graduating next year, and I really wanna live in Japan..so i was wondering how much money do general dentists make? and specialized dentists?

To live a comfortable good life in Japan, how much money i need per month?

Are foreign doctors welcomed in Japan? or Japanese people prefer Japanese doctors?

I would be thankful if I got answered to all my questions.
by K512  

. 2010/4/4 08:06
I hear that compared to other countries, Japanese dentists do not earn a lot. This is because of oversupply- there is literally a dentist on every corner in the cities here.

Yes, Japanese people very much prefer Japanese doctors and dentists. This is mainly because of language issues- you would need to pass the registration exams in Japanese, and to reach that level requires several years of dedicated study, so the number of foreign dentists in Japan would have to be tiny. I actually don't know of any, although I know of plenty of Japanese dentists in Tokyo who speak English and have trained overseas- they cater to expats here who prefer to see an English-speaking dentist.

Most dentists here seem to have their own solo clinic, I haven't come across centres with a number of dentists like there are in English-speaking countries.

How much you need to live comfortably in Japan depends on a lot of factors. If you were trying to set up your own clinic you would need a lot of funds, for sure.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread