Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

fashion internship in tokyo 2010/4/6 18:48
i very interesting in internship for fashion industry in tokyo
but i barely don't know any japanese at all,do you have any guideline for me?

by ashley (guest)  

help is on the way 2010/4/18 19:01
YES...do learn Japanese ASAP.
In quite a few Western countries it is relatively easy to communicate in English or French, if one doesn't know the local language. One can at least guess the meaning of quite a few common words..
This is not the case in Japan where: 1-westerners that can't read Japanese are lost in a deep sea of beautiful looking but mysterious signs and 2- very few average Japanese are able to speak some English or French or, if they do, are afraid to talk.

I mention French because in many countries, quite a few people that had a lot of trouble with the most basic English were, after some prodding from my part, able to communicate relatively well in French. It even happened to me a couple of times in Japan..

Yes....I know..I should be able to make, out of the 100 or so Japanese words I know, lots of clever and bright sentences.. but eh! I am only visiting for a short while.. not living there..
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread