Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best place to find selvedge denim? 2010/4/7 19:54
Hello, by affordable I mean something within 20,000-30,000 Yen. Currently staying in the Ikebukuro province for a couple more days before I take my JR rail pass to travel the rest of the country. I'm basically looking for a place where I can buy a different kinds of Japanese self-edge denim? Brands I'd like to see and try in person include things like Sugar Cane, Samurai, 45mm Sorehiko, Studio D'artisan etc.
by Shinjin (guest)  

... 2010/4/8 14:57
My husband is obsessed with Japanese denim! We have spent much of our time in Japan looking for denim.

The best place is in Ueno, Tokyo, in Ameyoko. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3012.html
Specific shops there are Americaya and Hinoya. Americaya has Samurai, Studio D’artisan, Flathead and Real McCoy. Hinoya has Sugarcane and Iron Heart. Im not sure about Hinoya but Americaya does chain stitching.

We also went to the Samurai Jeans store in Osaka. It was a bit hard to find because it is in a residential area. It’s on the Hankyu line. The address is on their website but it is all in Japanese, ask someone at your hotel to help you out if you don’t speak Japanese. It was a really cool place to visit, they have the biggest collection (of Samurai jeans – obviously) they also do chain stitching in store. The website is: http://www.samurai-j.com/

Most pairs of jeans are in your price range, although you can pay more for special editions.
by AusEz rate this post as useful

... 2010/4/8 15:13
If you go on the Samurai Jeans website and click on Dealers, then on the right hand menu click on Samurai Shop then there is an access map for it. If you look on the map you can click a photo of the store. It doesn't really look like a shop so good idea to have a look at this photo before finding the store.
by AusEz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread