Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokaido soba 2010/4/8 15:05
Hi, I was in Hokaido, sorry dont remember where. But we went to this really FAMOUS place to eat soba. All the soba were in little red bowls and it was like a eat as much as you can and they kept giving more and more bowls and at the end you end up with a really tall tall stack. It was really fun. Well, I'm going to Hokaido again and would like to take my family there to visit. I remember 5 years ago when I went, they said it was a famous place. Small country looking town though. Please help.
by bransino  

... 2010/4/10 08:50
It is called Wanko Soba and it is a Iwate speciality rather than Hokkaido. You probably had it in Morioka.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Wanko soba! 2010/4/10 11:40
Yes Uji! That's what it was called and i was in Morioka. We are planning a trip to Hokkido, it seems that renting a car is the best choice up there. do you agree?
by bransino (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/4/10 15:51
You can do the same at Kyoto Handcraft Building buffet restaurant if you don't eat other good things(i.e sushi, prawn tempura, tonkatsu, etc.) to fill up your stomach for mere $15. lol.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/4/12 08:38
We are planning a trip to Hokkido, it seems that renting a car is the best choice up there. do you agree?

For exploring the countryside and national parks, definitely. But for very large distances or pure city travel, not necessarily. It depends on your itinerary.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread