Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about money requirement 2010/4/9 05:13
Im planing to apply for a working holiday visa to go to Japan after i graduate this year. I am required to have $3000 (NZD) in my bank account in top of my ticket. But i plan to stay with the girl friend and her parents. Is there some kind of form i can get from my girl friends parents to say they will be helping me finacially so i dont need the whole $3000?
by Christopher (guest)  

that's the rule 2010/4/10 09:14
No, you must show that money or they won't give you the visa. In my case I borrowed the money from my parents for a week to show that I actually had the funds, and then gave it back to them- you can't temporarily borrow the money from anyone?

I was going directly to a job which had accommodation provided, so I didn't really need that much money, but if you don't have a job lined up yet, make sure you do have plenty of funds even if you do have a place to stay arranged- you can get through money surprisingly quickly here, especially when you first arrive.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/4/10 09:20
Yea ive been there before and i do kinda have a job lined up. But thats cool, so i can borrow the money and then when i get there just give it back.
That helps a lot
Thank you! :D
And yea im saving money :)
by Christopher (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread