Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Change input of keyboard 2010/4/12 15:53
Hiya, I have a Japanese laptop and they installed windows for me in the store. They also changed the keyboard to english i think. But now I have to write something in hiragana on my computer but I have forgotten how to change it back to the japanese style keyboard! Does anybody know how to? Thanks
by nerd (guest)  

input 2010/4/12 16:40
Which version and language OS are you working on?

Depending on how you're set up, if you're in a Japanese version of Vista or Windows 7 you can press Left Alt + Shift to switch languages and then Shift + Caps Lock to switch between kana. I'm not sure what the keyboard shortcuts are in Japanese XP though.

If you are in an English version of windows you have to first install East Asian language fonts and enable the Japanese IME which I think is in the Region and Languages settings in control panel. Then switching is the same as above unless you are using XP in which case I think you have to choose input method by clicking the IME icon in the taskbar.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

still not working 2010/4/12 17:22
Yes i do have a japanese version of windows 7. The first shortcut works to switch between languages. However it will only switch to katakana. when i try the the shortcut shift + caps lock it wont switch to hiragana although i do have hiragana signs on my keyboard! :(
by nerd (guest) rate this post as useful

try this 2010/4/12 17:34
When you're in Japanese input, try pressing Alt + Caps Lock
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread