Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

High school language requirement 2010/4/14 12:24
Hello,
I'm 13 (7th grade, going into 8th in August), and considering going to Japan as an exchange student for 9th or 10th grade.
I have thoroughly talked to my parents about this, and their only worry is making the language exam. I move to different countries quite often due to my fether's job, and in the summer we will be moving to France. So I will have to learn French and Japanese. Which JLPT would I have to pass?Is it even vaguely possible to make it by 9th or 10th grade? Time for studying is not a huge problem, since I don't do much, but there's the matter of a decent learning program. If you know one please also mention it, or if you think it would be better to learn from a teacher, please mention this as well.

Thank you very much,
Lucas Nakano
by Lucas (guest)  

about the language 2010/4/14 13:11
Hello Lucas,

about learning the language, there's currently a fitting thread here on this site that might be useful for you:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+73013

Of course, nothing beats having an actual teacher, but the books and web pages mentioned there would at least be great additional material.

Good luck with further answers about the language requirements - can't say anything about that.

Kai
by umi2jp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread