Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

enquiry about visa? 2010/4/23 15:13
i have a few question about living in japan?i am planning to study manga courses at kyoto and publish my own manga at tokyo..not really interested in working at manga company but to make it on my own,so what kind of visa should i apply for?student visa or working visa?i also plan to open my own cafe and buying properties at japan?should i ask japan council about this?how about the lawyer,can i hire lawyer from my own country or japan's lawyer?hopefully somebody knowledgable about this issue can help me in this issue?tq.
by fasyahime  

... 2010/4/23 16:32
Too many things all at one time!

- The manga course in Kyoto, is that a college? Then you need to apply with the school, get accepted (any exam?), pay in the tuition, and with the help of the school apply for a Student visa. If it's a school that is classified as a technical college/school, the visa category might be Pre-college visa. (If you don't speak/write the language fluently, you might want to attend a separate course before being able to attend the manga course.)
- After the course is finished, you need to find another kind of visa to stay in Japan.
- Unfortunately, you need to be employed by a Japanese company to be eligible for a work visa, you will not be able to simply stay; if you produce manga on your own and actually get paid for it, you need some kind of work-permitting visa.
- For opening a cafe on your own, Business Manager/Investor visa status would be the applicable one, but I have heard that the requirements are quite strict and this visa is difficult to obtain. Buying properties is fine if you have the cash, but you would need to have permanent resident status to qualify for a loan from a Japanese bank.

You should take things one at a time... :)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread