Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Valid visa - Alien card expired 2010/4/23 21:16
Hi,

I moved back to India last year. I have a valid working visa and reentry permit for Japan, but I was supposed to renew my alien card by mid of March last year(2009). Now I am not sure if I go back to Japan whether I would be allowed entry on the same visa and if I am allowed would the ward office update my alien card even though the date is already passed.

Any idea?

Gaurang.
by Gaurang (guest)  

Similar threads on the topic... 2010/4/25 18:25
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+60164

I am no lawyer, so I cannot say anything for sure.

In your case, since it's obvious from your ARC (and from your passport) that you've been away for over a year (so Immigration would think it unlikely that you are still with the same employer), and Indians do not have visa waiver program, you might get questioned at Immigration.
At latest, when you go to your city hall to renew the ARC, you'll need to provide them with the employer name...
by AK rate this post as useful

Employed 2010/4/25 19:21
Hi AK,

Thanks for your reply.

I have talked to the company I used to work in Tokyo and they are happy to take me back as an employee and they would provide the employment documents which I can show at the airport.

But I am not sure even with this I would be allowed entry at the Tokyo airport as I have been away for more than a year. Also I am not sure if the ward office would renew my alien card as the date for renewal is already gone.

Any suggestion/guidance would be appreciated.

Gaurang.
by Gaurang (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread