Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How Do I Find The Kanegae Mon? 2010/5/4 10:03
My last name is Kanegae. All I know is that it used to be a village in the Kuyshu region. I have been told by someone that we were Samuari desent. The only family member that knew of family in Japan was my uncle who has since passed. I am at a roadblock. I want to get my family crest to put onto business cards, letterheads, etc. I have my mother's (Mishiro) but really want my fathers. Can anyone help??????????????
by Blake Kanegae (guest)  

a difficult task. can I help? 2010/6/7 17:51
Hi,
If you are that interested in your family's background, then you might want to go to the best sources possible: the Japanese Family Register or one of many Japanese museums that specialize in old samurai families. With regard to the latter, there should be plenty of experts in museums or even academia who specialize in family crests, family names according to region (Bizen, Satsuma, Shoni, and other Kyushu clans), etc.
But I'd like to know, why you want to put the family crest and all on your letterheads, business cards? Is it for branding purposes?

P.S. if you want, maybe I can make a few calls, write a few letters to find out what your family crest is or might look like. No guarantees and without anything official on which to base your claim to it, it would only be a coincidental match and I wouldn't be in a rush to print it on things as formal as business cards. Someone else may have already called first dibs (maybe long lost relatives?). Let me know if I can help. I'm in Tokyo. Email me thru Japan-Guide or markleyjeffd@yahoo.com
by jmarkley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread