Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best places to work in Japan for Indians 2010/5/7 18:31
Dear Memebers,
I am travelling to japan for the first time.
Which will be the best affordable place to live in Japan in terms of employment, food & living.

I would like to know if anyone can stay and work on a visit visa. What will be the temporary jobs available. Also advice me if there any options available to convert the visa, where working would be easier in Japan.

Would be ever grateful to you Members.
Please help

Thanks & Regards
Paramount
by paramount  

no 2010/5/7 19:54
you need a working visa.

the reason this exists is so that forigners cant just come, work for lower wages than japanese would, and then devalue wages.

to work in japan you must have a working visa.
by zuoteng rate this post as useful

Japan 2010/5/8 10:08
No, you cannot work on a visitor's visa- it is highly illegal and you would be detained, fined and then deported if caught.

It is possible to convert from a tourist visa to working visa, but you need to have an employer to sponsor your work visa, and you say nothing about what you are qualified to do- there is only a small range of jobs available to foreigners here, particularly those who do not speak fluent Japanese.

Many Indians in Japan work in IT or as engineers, are you qualified in either of those fields? Others work in restaurants, but that would require contacts in the Indian community here already and visas are not easy to come by for this kind of work.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread