Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working in real estate in Japan 2010/5/12 10:55
Does anyone know anyone (foreign) who has become a realtor in Japan?

Here is my situation- I came to Japan 4 years ago with a degree in English to teach Eikaiwa. I liked it and started studying Japanese, and this year took a job with a Japanese company to improve my Japanese more and get business experience (I guess I am intermediate level right now, I have 2-kyu and am hoping to pass 1kyu in July next year). In my four years I've gone through a few moves and have always done the searching/contracting/negotiating myself, and through this have become interested in the real estate business. Obviously this isn't a great time to be getting into the business, and I am probably (...definitely) a few years away from even being able to pass the licensing exam and want to stay at my current company a while anyway, but I was wondering if any foreigners who have experience in the industry could give advice? I see jobs advertised for English-speaking realtors, so I think there's a possibility for work if my Japanese improves enough.
by Mel (guest)  

Pass the exam 2010/5/13 07:39
This topic has come up quite a lot on different forums. As far as I know, you must pass the realtor exam the same as every Japanese realtor. This would obviously be in Japanese thus requiring a high level. I would recommend to see if you can get hold of text books or something regarding the exam so you could at least start studying for it.

As for the ads looking for English speaking realtors, I would assume that they are looking for native Japanese realtors who also speak fluent English.

If you search for this topic on some other forums I am sure you will get more information.
by Smoke (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread