Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Guest houses in Fukuoka 2010/5/15 03:20
I'm starting my Working Holiday next month and planned to stay in Fukuoka for a while (2-3 months) after traveling south.

I browsed some guest house sites, but most are focused on Tokyo and Osaka. Hostels like Khaosan probably aren't well-suited for longer stays.
At what sites can I find cheap accomodations and maybe part-time job offers if my plans don't go that well?
by Tadashi (guest)  

guest houses 2010/5/15 10:24
One option would be to check local temples in the area, as they often offer rooms for individuals on the compound for fairly cheap.

As for part-time work, there are probably few places online that advertise the need for part-time workers, so that is something you'd have to investigate when you arrive.

In regards to lodging, your cheapest bet would be something that is rather common among younger people: Go to an internet cafe that offers private booths and rent a booth for computer use for a few hours, and sleep in the booth for a few hours at a time.

This was something myself and others traveling with me through Japan practiced frequently. It is even better when you find a cafe with showers, and larger scale booths with a sofa.
by bergeron rate this post as useful

Too long? 2010/5/15 23:58
I doubt temples and internet cafes are really suited for staying 2-3 months, but maybe an option for the first days.

I also have to register an ARC by then. Quite hard to do so with a cafe as accomodation, don't you think?
by Tadashi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread