Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Immigrate to Japan 2010/5/15 11:41
Hi everyone

I'm from South Africa and have a great interest in immigrating to Japan. As for my skills, I currently work in Durban for a large medical firm as a .net programmer. I have wanted to relocate to the far east for many years, only now am I financially/career wise able too. My question is, where do I start with regards to visas/permits?
by jhatman  

... 2010/5/15 12:03
First you will have to find an employer who is willing to sponsor a working visa for you.
by Uji rate this post as useful

first the job, then the visa 2010/5/15 12:45
Uji is correct. Japan is not a country one just immigrates to, you first need to find a job, then start the visa process (the employer does most of the paperwork).

There are IT jobs available here for non-Japanese, but if you do not have very good Japanese language skills then the number of available jobs becomes very few.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

you need a job 2010/5/15 22:35
yes,you do need to get a job at first!I am afraid there isn't any other way so far.
by Italia rate this post as useful

reply to this thread