Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Exchange student 2010/5/16 02:25
Recently I became a exchange student for my grade 11 year going to Osaka through my school. I leave the first of July, and get pack next May. Yes the scedule is a bit weird.
I have been learning Japanese for about 5 years now so the language is not a problem.
What is though, is that I really don't know what to expect from Osaka.
Also, I don't know how much money etc. I need to bring.

If anyone can help, can you also give me a packing list Idea?

That part is giving me the most trouble.

Thank you!
by ID-iot-S (guest)  

Osaka 2010/5/16 20:47
Osaka is the 7th richest city in the world by GDP after London and Paris. So what you can expect there is what is available in huge economic metropolices.

You can check the prices here.
http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/arrange/essential/budget.html

Osaka and surrounding cities are the most attractive tourist destination of Japan, so you can enjoy them.
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1105.html
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/5/17 02:36
Thank you so much!
It was really helpful.
by ID-iot-S (guest) rate this post as useful

Hmm... 2010/5/17 09:15
You should bring a debit card to access your bank account from home or set up a bank account in Japan when you arrive and then you can have your parents forward money if you need it.

Osaka is not so expensive, though. It just depends on your spending habits and what sorts of things you want to buy. Japan is overall more expensive than America, but there are often affordable alternatives if you take the time to look (depending on what you are after).

Osaka is a modern city with some nice sites and museums. It's popular for shopping and all the other things cities are known for. As someone else said, it's in a good location for making trips to Kyoto, Kobe, and many other cities.
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread