Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sleeping pills over the counter 2010/5/24 03:50
Hi

I've been having real trouble sleeping for a long time and only have 1 Nytol that was brought over to me from the UK.

I need something more and was wondering whether sleeping pills were available over the counter in Japan (like in the UK) or whether you need a prescription for them.

I'm not planning on using them to help me sleep all the time, so don't worry!
by selbydate16  

... 2010/5/24 12:31
I believe Drewell by SSS (SS Pharma) in Japan contains the same active ingredient as Nytol, and this is sold over the counter. Ask for "do-ri-e-ru" at a pharmacy counter.
by AK rate this post as useful

Whoops 2010/5/24 18:04
Actually Nytol seems to be a regular over-the-counter sleep inducer, though there might be a limit on how many you can buy in a certain period of time, and the pharmacists would have to explain the usage to the buyer. Ask for "na-i-to-ru."

"Drewell by SSS (SS Pharma)" in my earlier post was supposed to be "Drewell by SSP (SS Pharma). Sorry for the typo.

Thanks 2010/5/25 20:08
Am I correct in assuming that sleepng pills can only be bought at a pharmachy in Japan, though?
by selbydate16 rate this post as useful

... 2010/5/25 22:08
You can't get them at convenience stores, if that's what you mean - you go to a drugstore/pharmacy, where there is at least one pharmacist :) You should be able to buy them there without any prescription from a doctor. Maybe you can show the empty package from the UK that you have, so as to show them you are familiar with it?

Thanks, everyone! 2010/6/18 18:44
I got some Drewells yesterday along with some painkillers. So I'm good to go now ^_^
by selbydate16 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread