Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Changing my status to student in Japan. 2010/5/24 19:09
From searching the forums, it seems like I can go to an immigration office in Japan and change my status to being on a student visa, but I wanted to make sure.
I am an american citizen. Right now I am in in Japan for the summer staying with my boyfriend. I am going to attend a University in Japan starting in September.

I am going back to america for a while in July, to break up my two allowed 90 day stays, and to apply for my student visa (I have all the proper paper work and getting it etc wont be a problem). If it is sent to me in Japan, can I go to the immigration office and change my status there?

If not, how long do you think it will take to go through in america (meaning how long should I plan to stay in america before I go back to Japan)?
by Natasha (guest)  

Anyone there? 2010/6/2 11:29
Does anyone know if you can even apply for a student visa in Japan?
by Natasha (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/6/2 13:14
If you have been accepted by the university already, and have all the papers ready, I believe you can go to the Immigration bureau and apply for change of status of residence.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread