Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How much Yen for a month stay in Japan? 2010/5/26 01:37
I will be in Japan for about a month (hopefully), maybe a bit longer. I am going to be staying with a host family so food and accommodation are paid for. So, really I will only need enough to pay for airfare and any transport to and from the place I am staying.
I am planning on having around 300,000 yen. Could anyone tell me if this is a reasonable amount of money?
by Monica (guest)  

. 2010/5/26 12:20
If that includes airfare, you might want to take a bit more if you want to see the sights.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

location 2010/5/26 12:26
where is your host family located ?
by zuoteng rate this post as useful

Host Family 2010/5/27 21:52
I am staying with a family outside of Kyoto. I was planning on flying into Tokyo, so I can't imagine it being too expensive to get from Tokyo to Kyoto.
by Monica (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/5/27 21:54
Another important question; "from" where are you flying to Japan, if that money needs to include airfare? :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Flying from where? 2010/5/27 22:42
I will be flying from Edinburgh Scotland.
by Monica (guest) rate this post as useful

Depends on expenses 2010/5/27 22:47
Airfare-wise, I would recommend going through Opodo/cheapflights.co.uk since you can get some real bargains for flights from Edinburgh.

Expenses-wise, it really does depend on how much you want to see, as well as if you want to buy a lot of souvenirs and do things like dress up as a Geisha, which is available.

If you plan to travel around all parts of the country, getting a JR pass before you go is probably the best bet, since it means you can hop on and off JR trains from Hokkaido all the way down to Nagasaki. Single/return ticket prices for one trip from Tokyo to Osaka can cost almost as much as a week-long JR pass, which would let you do the same journey multiple times at no extra cost.
by Clare (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread