Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Life for High School Seniors? 2010/5/30 14:38
Been surfing a bit and can't seem to dig this up. What is life like for Japanese high school seniors?

I read about cram school and entrance exams and I understand that they study like crazy.

- Does this mean they don't participate in stuff like bunkasai, undokai, or other festivals?

- Is it true that senior athletes typically retire after a major tournament/match to pass the torch to their underclassmen, and does this mean that they stop participating in club activities entirely?

- Do seniors ever get to go on class trips, like a week hiking in the mountains or something? If they do, what might a typical trip be?

Thanks!
by anon (guest)  

. 2010/5/31 13:15
Been surfing a bit and can't seem to dig this up.

Are you sure?
http://www.japan-guide.com/search/?cx=015609760794546757367%3A7rvvvope...

I understand that they study like crazy.

Not necessarily.

Does this mean they don't participate in stuff like bunkasai, undokai, or other festivals?

No, it doesn't mean that. All students participate in these kind of activities, and they're usually compulsary anyway.

[qsIs it true that senior athletes typically retire after a major tournament/match to pass the torch to their underclassmen

Typically, yes. They need to prepare for life after graduation, such as studying to enter college or applying for jobs.

and does this mean that they stop participating in club activities entirely?

Not necessarily. They always have life after graduation.

[qsDo seniors ever get to go on class trips, like a week hiking in the mountains or something? If they do, what might a typical trip be?

Week long trip to a far away city during their 2nd year at school, day field trips to museums or theater in their 1st year, etc. Mountain trips are usually done in junior high school.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread