Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What city is best? (to study + live in) 2010/6/2 07:01
Hello Internet,
I am planning to study Japanese for at least 1 year, it could be 2 years. I have been to Nagoya, Osaka, Tokyo and i lived in Kyoto for 6 months. Out of all of these, Kyoto was more my kind of city, small(in Japanese size), friendly, close and convenient to everything, cheaper than Tokyo area, weather was hell but with a good air-conditioner i could live through it, and a good mix of old and modern japan.
I was looking at these cities because they have the schools and i can get a scholarship.

1) Gifu
2) Tomoyama
3) Nagano
4) Fukuoka
5) Sendai

I have searched the internet for ways to know what city is best, but it doesn't compare to someone that knows, has been there, or lives there now... I am 24 years, i like doing sports, going out in the weekends, playing games, love Japanese culture and mixture of modern and old, like the smaller cities more than the big metropolis but i am open to suggestions.

I will be happy to know any small detail about these cities that may help me, good or bad, ill take every help I can get =D.

thank you,
by Ricarudo  

... 2010/6/2 14:19
You should choose the city based on the school.

Which school gives you the best scholarship, best career options, best student experience, etc.

None of the cities you listed will be seriously inconvenient and the all have their pluses and minuses.

Unless you are someone who can't stand a specific type of weather (like harsh winters), you'll do yourself best to choose based on the school.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

School VS City 2010/6/2 23:07
Yeah Thanks, But i havent made my choice yet, i need info about the Cities... the schools i already have info on... but if i am going to live there it should be a nice city because i could not stand live in a city that i am comfortable at... but from a business point of view, thank you for your advice...
by Ricarudo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread