Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Schools and costs 2010/6/2 09:27
So, basically, I've been wanting to go to school in Japan for quite some time now.
I still have another 2 years left till I'm out of high school, but my mom has been forcing me to think about college now.
So, my question is:
Is is possible for me to be able to go to school there and also work to help pay for my tuition?
I know it'll be hard and all, but I don't want the fact that I won't have financial help from either of my parents stop me from pursing my dream.
And, my mom also tells me that I wouldn't be eligible for financial aid because we apparently "earn too much" to get it.
So, are there any other options, or what?
Thanks for the help.
by Erin (guest)  

Answers 2010/6/2 11:56
You can attend universities in Japan, as long as their admission office accepts foreign applicants. Some may have linguistic requirements (Japanese language skills tests).

Financially, having a work visa, and a student visa at the same time is almost impossible in most countries, so you would be better off getting student loans from your home country to pay tuition.

As for "earning too much money", that is a problem for a lot of people, so if you cannot get a loan without a co-signer, your parents would have to declare you as independent on their taxes.
by bergeron rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2010/6/3 09:52
Thanks for the information...
Just, for the being listed as independent, my mom said it wasn't possible since I don't meet the requirements...
so, are there by chance, any other ways besides being listed as independent?
If not, then it's fine.
by Erin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread