Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto or Sapporo for Study 2010/6/3 13:59
I plan on studying in japan for a year, however, I'm having a hard time deciding where. I've narrowed it down to Sapporo or Kyoto. Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions on which city would be better to live in to study Japanese?
by Mireen  

Kyoto is better 2010/6/4 09:50
I recommend Kyoto. In Kyoto, you can study Japanese culture etc. There live a lot of foreign people and they can get enough support.
by Yuki (guest) rate this post as useful

Kyoto 2010/6/4 10:17
Yeah, Kyoto is a wonderful little city with an amazing culture crash between modern and cultural japan. Definitely go to Kyoto, the people are friendly, a beautiful river runs through the city making both nightlife and daily life beautiful. Great nightscene even though its small, good shoops, easy to travel to other cities, such as Osaka and Nagoya, Osaka is huge metropolis and Nagoya is also big. I lived 6 months i kyoto and they just flew by faster than i could imagine. If you want to see what japan has to offer, Kyoto is one of the best introductions to Japan. However the summers are deadly hot, i guess nagano is the opposite with the cold... hope it helped =)
by Ricarudo rate this post as useful

Kyoto! 2010/6/22 11:01
Sapporo is nice too, if you like winter sports.

Generally, for foreign people, I recommend Kyoto because there a lot more to see around there.

It is convenient to go to big city like Osaka, Kobe etc.

by flower27 rate this post as useful

definitely kyoto 2010/6/23 20:46
kyoto is a nice place and close to a lot of other nice places. sapporo in itself is nice but freezing cold for 7 months of the year and a bit out of the way.
by rick (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread