Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Teach english is a good career in Japan? 2010/6/10 11:39
Hello, I wanted some info about teaching english as a teacher in Japan. I work in the nursing field and i'm not to happy about it. I thought teaching as a career would be my next step and being that I want to live in Japan for a new life experience and the culture I thought this would be a good place to start to get employed in Japan. I don't have a degree yet because i had some complications with schools but I do plan to start soon. Oh and I'm 21 years old....any information and suggestions would be very helpful.

I am a native english speaker in the U.S.A.

Thanks for reading. Leave me a message!!!
by TLadyLee  

Teaching in Japan 2010/6/11 09:18
"TLadyLee",

if you had checked all the entries concerning teaching in Japan on this site, you would have probably found the answer yourself already!

To make it short: it is a possibility, but chances are very low. With no university degree, the present situation in Japan (sluggish economy), too many who want to teach - not enough who want to study, probably no connections ...... well, there will be more posts, I assume!
by kulachan rate this post as useful

Sorry..... 2010/6/11 09:54
I did do some reasearch, I guess I should do some more. As far as being a foreigner, would this be the only option working in Japan after I obtain a degree in teaching or are there other jobs as well??? I don't plan on coming to Japan unless i'm visiting or graduated from college.

Thanks for your answer!!!
by TLadyLee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread