Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

english speaking karate schools 2010/6/11 22:15
i know this is a long shot, but here goes.
im a half japanese who is moving to tokyo in about a month. i speak english and chinese, and some(not a lot) of japanese.

in australia i study Wing Chun Gung Fu, and following my idol Bruce Lee i decided i want to learn other styles, so i chosen karate.

is there any schools in tokyo that accomodate english or chinese speakers ? i will be living in Nakano-ku, but anywhere in tokyo is fine.

thank you so much.
by zuoteng (guest)  

Answer 2010/6/13 12:15
Fortunately for you, most older people in Japan tend to speak Chinese to a decent extent, so that should help you.

The main thing to keep in mind though is that even if you don't know what they are saying, you can still function as a student.

My sensei speaks mostly Chinese, and I don't know any Chinese, but from their physical movements I can understand what they are trying to say.
by bergeron rate this post as useful

nakano-ku 2010/6/14 02:42
yes there is a karate school in nakano-ku
the theacher person there, can speak very well english.it is a shinkyokushin karate school.
by nick222ks rate this post as useful

sorry this is off topic 2010/6/14 20:51
most older japanese can speak chinese??? what are you talking about?
by rick (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks ! 2010/6/14 20:59
thank you guys !
any more details about the shinkyokushin place in nakano ? such as address or even a website or anything ?

MUCH appreciated :)
by zuoteng rate this post as useful

email address of nakano-ku karateschool. 2010/6/16 04:06

thank you !! 2010/6/16 11:49
thank you so much ! looks like i found the dojo i would like to attend :)

thank you so much !
by zuoteng rate this post as useful

you are welcome 2010/6/17 00:10
you are welcome.

reply to this thread