Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what should i bring 2010/6/15 10:50
I'm moving to Tokyo in September and was wondering what i should bring along with me, I'm 20 years old white American. I'll be attending a language school for about a year and half, then after i will be attending one of the colleges(another four years) that's connected to the school. I have arranged a place to stay with a family there, I'll be teaching the kids of the house English in return for free stay and board. So food and furbishing is done. I was wondering about other stuff that will be a necessity while there. (i will be bringing some electronics, **PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE**, and other goodies.) Oh yeah if it matters i have obtained a international drivers license.

Thank You
by mikey7  

. 2010/6/15 11:32
5 and a half years worth of deodorant.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

don't forget 2010/6/15 13:40
-Gifts for your host family (ac/dc t-shirts or american cartoon goods), teachers, others you may encounter and wish you had something from home to give (key chains from hometown are cheap, make good gifts)

-If you have big American feet, bring an extra pair of shoes or else you might have to order online like my friend did (such a pain)

-Slim Jim beef sticks - I've looked every where and they don't have em...

by jmarkley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread