Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spouse Visa 2010/6/15 16:31
Hello here everyone.

I have a question regarding Spouse Visa.

I wonder how would be best to in regards of me and my girlfriend since 1 year and 3 months back to get married to be able to be together?

The truth is, I can support myself to live together with her, to some extent cover for her, if we'd move together. Witch we've tried to do for a while, but not yet come to do.

Recently thou I had problem with my Visa since I paid focus on other things than my studies. And while I currently keep a gold clean track and grades of about 90%, the cold truth is. I was not able to extend my visa and at the current rate will be forced to go back in 3 months.

Would it be wrong to speed up a marriage for the purpose of not having ti be separated with your love?

I want to finish studying Japanese and then study in University. The funds is not an issue. I could do it back in my country, but then I'd have to part with her.
by A san (guest)  

not enuf info 2010/6/15 17:38
No it wouldn't be wrong to speed up the marriage/spouse visa application process if you want to stay in Japan and you and the lady plan to get married anyways.

Just some questions about your situation that would make giving advise a bit easier:

-What is your current visa status? Tourist? Student? If tourist visa, you may not have an Alien Registration Card, which is required to get married/spouse visa.
-Do you two live together or plan to in the next 3 months?
From a different POV, it looks like you're using her to stay in Japan despite the noblest intentions. While certain uncontrollable circumstances have forced your hand, that's just how it might rub off on her and her parents.
Is your gf ready for marriage? Have you talked about marriage and if you asked her tomorrow, "will you marry me?" would she definitely say yes (you probably already know)? Does she have a steady job? Are her parents willing to be sponsors for your marriage papers? The list goes on.
I'm not trying to get into your personal life and I am in no way saying your love is not genuine, but this is the info you need to confirm before you even start the application process.
by jmarkley rate this post as useful

I'm no lawyer here but 2010/6/15 17:44
Since it sounds like it is your true intention to get married to your girlfriend for love, I don't think that it will be wrong.

But just to be sure, (1) have you somehow been unable to apply for renewal/extension of your Precollege visa in time (maybe some documents missing?) and changed instead to a Temporary Visitor status, thus 3 months, or (2) are you currently overstaying your visa?

If (1), then no problem. I just hope that you can get all paperwork done to get married and then apply for Spouse of Japanese National, etc. status in time.

If (2), that would be a completely different story.
by AK rate this post as useful

thanks 2010/6/15 17:48
Thank you for your reply.

To start with, it is a Tourist visa, I do however have the alien card. My plan is to reenter the country using the same kind of visa and getting a new Alien Card as soon as possible again.

We currently do not live together. But have talked about it back and fort about living together, but something always came in the way. I do understand it is needed to live together for it.

Yes, I admit that is a little about how I feel about it. But the same time, thinking about parting with her sades me, and if it'd come to that that I had to return to my country. She'd eventually move together with me there instead, once I'd be able to seat up a steady life.

Looking at our love. She'd say yes I think, if everything was set right so to say.

She don't however have a steady job, and after I looked into that more. That came to worry me even more.

And to be honest, I have no idea if her parents would sponsor or not. As far as I've read though, considering our circumstances. If they don't, it'd be impossible, right?
by A san (guest) rate this post as useful

to AK 2010/6/15 17:50
to AK: I'm currently on a Travel Visa. Being very careful not to overstay since I know that's quite some issue if it comes to that.

possible entry issue 2010/6/15 21:39
Just something to be aware of- Japan Immigration does not really like it when people do back to back stays on tourist permits, even if you haven't overstayed, and I would say the situation with having had the student visa ended previously due to not focussing on studies makes it even more uncertain whether they will let you in on a second tourist permit.

Be prepared for the possibility that you will be turned around at the airport. At the very least expect to be questioned for some time about why you are coming back to Japan so soon.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reentery 2010/6/15 21:43
Yes, my school told me about the difficulties about reentering. Although... well, I just hope that'll be fine. Can't really consider another scenario right now.

reply to this thread