Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

im 14 and i wanna live i japan but how 2010/6/16 21:33
okay im 14 living in norfolf england the town is called diss i really want to move to japan i know a lot of history a lot of its culture im still learning japanese but im still good at it i love everything about japan the people the landscape manga and anime technolgy etc i know i cant live there on my own but the must some way for me to stay the for a while and then move back when im lttle more older i heard u could do some sort of exchange student trips there i had chinese people french people and italian people stay with and i know u could get there if u know any links to exchange school thing [not very good with english for some reason] or any othere way that would hep alot so plz help
by kaigan (guest)  

first ask your parents 2010/6/17 15:42
Then ask your school if they have a sister school in Japan.

Then ask your local Japanese Consulate General or Embassy about opportunities.

You need to research and learn more about what options are available and how to fund them.

Join the Japan network on Facebook and make friends with foreign nationals living in Japan and what they did/who they spoke to to get there.

This will not happen overnight. Even people selected for scholarships need to apply 6 months to a year in advance of their desired travel.

I don't think age should be an issue, so long as your parents are on board and you make the right connections.
by jmarkley rate this post as useful

You could.. 2010/6/17 18:19
You could try couchsurfing and stay at someone's place for a little while. These are people who take in travelers for free, usually to get to know foreigners and practice their English with them. So you could go around staying at several of these places.

You should definitely travel for a period for deciding to live in Japan - there's a lot involved in terms of visa and other things.
by AllYouCanJapan rate this post as useful

Growing up.. 2010/6/18 05:26
i really want to move to japan i know a lot of history a lot of its culture im still learning japanese but im still good at it i love everything about japan the people the landscape manga and anime technolgy etc

Ah, the 'I read manga, so I love everything about Japan' thread resurfaces...

Hey, when I was a boy, I loved Superman, but I held off wanting to got to live on Krypton.

You don't love everything about Japan until you know everything about Japan - that means living here. Then you just might develop a more mature line of thinking.

by Dick (guest) rate this post as useful

14 to Japan 2010/6/18 05:44
Oh come on!!! a 14 years old is SUPPOSED to be excited by mangas, samourais etc.. though he/she should also be streetwise...like being able to second guess which one of several nice, helpful older persons is actually a predator in sheep clothing (thanks mom and dad..)
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Really... 2010/6/18 06:35
To start, I know what you are thinking. When I was 14, I read manga and watch anime, too. I also want to live in Japan for a short period of time.

But really, you need to do more research and learn more about Japan rather than just in manga and anime. The story in manga and anime are fiction, they're not real. Just knowing a lot of history does not help. Like others have said, THIS DOES NOT JUST HAPPEN OVERNIGHT...OR EVEN A YEAR.

If you really want to know what life is really like, may I suggest finding some Japanese penpals first? Or speak to people who have been to Japan on this website.
by lala (guest) rate this post as useful

Japan or bust 2010/6/18 08:56
Have you thought of doing a homestay? That's where you stay at a Japanese home, eat their food and they basically watch out for you. The whole idea is to immerse yourself in their culture. Often you end up going to school, etc.

There are many exchange programs and it's quite popular to do.

However, depending on where you go, etc, will also depend on the cost and it's not the same thing as "moving" to Japan. You're only here for a short while.

However, I think that may be your best option for the first time. There are also 'co-op farms' where you can go if you don't want to do homestay. On these farms, you basically work for your keep so there is no extra charge. However, at 14, I think homestay is a much better option.

If you can find a 'penpal' in Japan who wants to do the same thing (not hard at ALL considering a LOT of Japanese students wish to go abroad) you can do it just for the cost of the air ticket. Basically, your Japanese penpal will trade places with you. Of course, this is all assuming you have the blessing and support of your parents.
by Jonobugs rate this post as useful

reply to this thread