Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mitaka-Takadanobaba 2010/6/17 11:39
Hi=)

I don't know how to use the subway over there soo I really need help..please

I live at Mitaka but I need to go to Takadanobaba from monday to friday for only 3 weeks.
Do u think I need to buy a pass? I need some advices..

Thks for ur time

by L. (guest)  

. 2010/6/17 15:36
Mitaka-(JR)-Shinjuku-(JR)-Takadanobaba
@290yen * 2way * 15days = 8700yen/15days
@8820yen/1month pass

Mitaka-(JR)-Nakano-(metro)-Takadanobaba
@300yen * 2way * 15days = 9000yen/15days
@11530yen/1month pass
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Mitaka! 2010/6/17 18:22
I lived in Mitaka for about 10 years! It's an amazing place.

I'm not sure if 3 times a week is enough to make a monthly pass worth it.

Anyway, if you want more tips feel free to contact me.
by AllYouCanJapan rate this post as useful

... 2010/6/17 21:16
Some Chuo-line local trains departing at Mitaka station from 5am to 9pm actually go to Subway Tozai Line track at Nakano station.

If you take these trains(approx. 5 trains per hour), you can go to Takadanobaba without transfer.

But if you plan to enjoy the downtown of Shinjuku and don't mind changing train, JR way(commuter pass) enables you to save some money and hassle of buying ticket each time.
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/6/18 04:29
As mentioned there are two ways you can go.

At Mitaka Station some Tokyo Metro Tozai Line trains go, these are the BLUE coloured trains, if you get on the blue ones marked Tozai Line they run direct to Takadanobaba. However these trains do not run all the time.

Otherwise, get on the regular Yellow Sobu-Chuo Line train or Orange Chuo Line train to Shinjuku Station, at Shinjuku Station change to the Yamanote Line.

Actually if you did that it is cheaper. If you take the Tozai Line (blue train) it costs a little more money but it is direct.

On your way back (if you take the subway) you will need to take a blue train that says (FOR MITAKA) otherwise you have to change at NAKANO Station.

If you take JR, just take the Yamanote Line back to Shinjuku Station, and take the Chuo or Chuo-Sobu Line back to Mitaka.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks everyone... 2010/6/18 13:12
Thank you for your time
by L. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread