Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Triple antibiotic ointment in Japan? 2010/6/17 15:57

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to find "Triple antibiotic ointment" such as, polysporin, Neosporin, Mycitracin or Topisporin in Japan. If you cannot find these specific brands, is there something similar you can find?

by Ann (guest)  

... 2010/6/18 09:34
As far as I can look up, "double" antibiotic combination ointments seem to be more widely available in Japan (at least as normal over-the-counter medication). You could ask for "antibiotics ointment" (kouseibusshitsu nankou), and they will probably ask you if it's for a cut, burn, etc., and they will select the one best suited for that application.

Those product names you mentioned are brand names, so (if you really need the three active ingredients) you'd have to mention the names of the antibiotics, bacitracin, neomycin, and polymyxin B. Probably better ask at a dermatologist.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2010/6/18 11:08

Thank you AK, your info was very useful!

by Ann (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread