Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transferring colleges from U.S. to Japan 2010/6/18 11:03
Hey,

I am wanting to transfer schools from my U.S. college to one in Japan. I know that I first need to knw the language and I already am well into being fluent. Anther thing I know is I will need a schl visa.

My main question is that I am having a hard time finding a college that allows transfers and I was wondering if anyne knew of some. I already tried Waseda and they don't accept transfers. I would prefer the college to have a Psych and English (literature/writing) but that is another problem I am having. Is there such a thing as Liberal Art colleges or are they are specific study?

I would really appreciate to not hear about how much I should prepare. I am completly confident in my choices and have everything planned out I just am running into a snag with the sschooling issue. Thank you for helping me!!!

Theogwyn
by Theogwyn  

. 2010/6/18 11:34
You need to take something called the Examination for Japanese University Admission. This is a Japanese language test similar to the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) that is required for all foreigners wishing to attend a Japanese University. The test is only held twice a year, and is not held in North America, which means you would have to travel to Japan to take the test.

If you go to a school that is predominately English speaking, then you can try Temple University Japan , this is an American university branch in Tokyo, however they might not have the course of study you want to pursue.

I guess aside from Temple University (Which is an American university in Japan) you might have a hard time finding a school that will accept you as a transfer student because the credits, grades and system are incompatible.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

It is absolutely possible to transfer!!! 2010/7/12 14:37
Check out:

Sophia University's Faculty of Liberal Arts

OR

International Christian University

Both are very good schools in the Tokyo area, and both accept transfer students. You'll find there are other universities in Japan with English-taught programs if you do research, but these 2 are my recommendations. I've heard quite a lot of bad things about Temple though... in any case, just know what you're getting into and choose the right school for you!

Good luck!
by Anonymous (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread